This semester of digital photography has been an experience of learning through failures to accomplish success. There are a variety of pieces of artwork throughout the portfolio. These vary from basic compositional techniques to complex Photoshop skills.
In the early stages of the semester I realized had decent success with understanding the compositional tricks. This was probably the only thing that was simple for me. It also made me feel better that as time progressed I started using the tricks naturally to take interesting photographs instead of just finishing the assignment.
When it came to struggles, they were all over the place. Then when I really think about it, all my struggles were caused by one thing; lack of interest. I would constantly be off task or refuse to take pictures when given the opportunity; basically just not take advantage of class time. If it is possible for me, I would like to be able to have motivation to complete my work.
Overall I feel that although my artwork is nice, it is not to the best of my ability. There is always room for improvement. Especially from all the different tools I have learned. This is only the beginning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree with you with what you said in your artist statement. I think that composition comes naturally to you. You have a innate sense for it. I think you have leaned on this to get you through the projects that you haven't given your full effort to. I also think you are correct about you struggling with staying on task. I am sorry that you don't feel interested in the work, I don't know if that is something I have control over, or if it is up to you completely. I am willing to work with you to find out though. This is what I know about you- you have the ability to do amazing things in my class. However, if you only put in a little effort, your projects are going to fall short every time. Next semester I would really like to see your full effort in your projects. I just know, that if you really allowed yourself to dip into your creative and expressive side, and really let them run, your artwork could be so fantastic. If I can help with motivation, let me know. Otherwise, plan on pushing yourself. Make yourself stay on task. You may be the only one strong enough to keep you on task.
ReplyDelete